Thursday, March 26, 2009

Brown Mansion

My cousin, Jess, and her fiance, Nathan, are planning to get married at this elegant old home called "The Brown Mansion," in Coffeyville in summer 2010. I went down a couple days ago to check things out with them. Here are some photos of the place.










The next morning we ventured over to Pittsburg to see a bakery in downtown. Pittsburg had an interesting downtown area, with lots of older architecture.




On my way back to KC I stopped in at the Mine Creek Battlefield Site near Pleasanton. My Dad was really involved in helping preserve this battlefield, site of the largest Civil War battle in Kansas. The painting by Andy Thomas was done in his memory. It depicts the decisive moment of the battle when the Union finally broke through the Confederate lines.



No comments: